Experience Study Abroad in Croatia
Apply now to earn upper-division public health course credit taught by UMass faculty on this fall semester program! This program is a perfect fit for Public Health and Health Science majors and minors but can also be a good match for students interested in the medical field, public policy, or social sciences.
Dates: September – December, 2024
Location: Dubrovnik, Croatia
Application Deadline: April 15, 2024
Program Price*: TBD
Classes: Click here
*Maximum program fee – subject to change depending on enrollment numbers; note that students are also required to pay a $955 Education Abroad Fee to UMass.
- Excursions to Lopud Elaphiti Island, Montenegro and more!
- Dubrovnik Symphony Orchestra Concert
- Lokrum Island and Game of Thrones museum visit
- Community engagement and internship placements
- …and more!
Ready to get started?
Connect with Christina Lorimer, Education Abroad Advisor
Transportation & Travel Documents
- Group airport pick-up and return in Dubrovnik
- Ground transportation on all program activities, as necessary
- Local transportation pass
- International airfare
- Passport processing fees
- Luggage fees
Room & Board
- Accommodation in shared double rooms at a student hotel for program duration
- Linens and towels, weekly cleaning, and internet access
- Daily breakfast included
- Group welcome meal and farewell meal
- Any additional meals or activities not specified or listed as “not included”
Health & Safety
- API on-site Resident Director available 24/7 for emergencies
- Health, safety, and cultural orientation upon arrival in Croatia
Academics (each course is 3 credits):
- New! Global Health: Opportunities & Challenges
- PUBHLTH 440: Opioid Epidemic
- PUBHLTH 490FM: Human Rights Health & Migration
- PUBHLTH 398: Experiential Course
- Community Inquiry
API offers best-in-class programming, with student well-being a high priority.
Our mission is to create better global citizens through international experiential learning. API programs are developed to be transformative, career-boosting experiences that include:
- Community involvement through optional volunteer programs with API Gives Back
- Cultural awareness through relevant coursework and time spent in multicultural student groups
- High-touch student support throughout the program
Academic Programs International (API) was founded in 1997 and is dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable experiential learning programs. Their extensive pre-departure preparation, coupled with strong support services on-site, facilitates academic, cultural and linguistic learning. Within the supportive environment of the API programs, API participants are encouraged to explore their host communities and become increasingly independent and confident in their own abilities. They strive to make international educational experiences accessible to as many participants as possible, and, as such, works to provide multiple program components at a low program cost.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
API is committed to providing enriching international experiences to its participants. We believe in the importance of promoting acceptance, dignity, and respect among people of all backgrounds. No matter who you are or where you come from, API will support you during your journey abroad.